Friday, February 27, 2009

Just been holding down the fort

We are still chugging along to our April 3rd closing date. Yesterday we had our home inspection which went really really well. The biggest issue that was found was some corrosion on a drain pipe of the bathroom sink. No big deal. We have spent a great deal of our hours lately on craigs list, looking for absurdly cheap kitchen appliances. We are planning on picking up our $30 oven on Saturday.


I have also been nursing a sick little boy back to health. Marcus has been sick since Wednesday poor little guy. He had a fever of 101 and just laid in my bed all day yesterday. I hope he is feeling better today. He is going to float away if he continues this diet of Club crackers and Sprite up for much longer!


I also learned this week that our dryer is semi out of order. It takes about three hours to dry one load of clothes. Woohoo! I've always dreamed of stretching laundry day into laundry weekend.


I was also a mean mom yesterday and forced Nathan to sit at the table and do homework for five hours last night. He is a procrastinator and every month at school he has a report due at the end of the month. He decided to start it yesterday. That's my boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brianna spent the entire 12 hour Sunday working on a speech that was due the next day. I know just how you feel. Well, maybe not the wash weekend.Lol!!