Saturday, February 21, 2009

Breakdancing

We listen to a lot of music in our house. Our taste is VERY diverse, ranging from Mariah Carey and Kanye West to Guns n Roses and Queen. We listen to it all, the clean versions of course. Last night I decided to find out if I could still do a cartwheel. I have to check every couple of years to judge how old I am getting. Once I can't do a cartwheel anymore, I will know I am old.

Good news! I can still do cartwheels!


After my cartwheel Nathan had to show me up and do a hand stand (can't do those anymore). That's when Janet Jackson's song Nasty came on and we all started break dancing.


Nathan got crazy doing the Harlem shake! I don't know where he learned it but he is pretty darn good at it!


I started to tell them to do random dances and they would see who could do them the best. This is Jason's robot dance.

This is how you know you are getting old:

If you ask your nine year old to do the moonwalk and he doesn't try to slide smoothly backward. Instead he starts walking/jumping like he is weightless and actually walking on the moon, you know you are getting up there.


Marcus is awesome at doing the worm. I tried but ended up just knocking the wind out of myself. I'll stick to cart wheels. At about this time I noticed we were breakdancing to the song Black Betty. Not very good for hip hop dancing so we changed it to Apple Bottom Jeans, much better.


Mr Uni Sock getting wild. I can just see him in a few years trying out for So you think you can Dance. If you look close you can see Hippie Boy's hair sneaking into the picture. He needs a haircut in the worst way.

Eventually we had to stop our dancing event and go pick up dad from work. Maybe later we can talk him into showing us how to krump.

No comments: