Friday, February 6, 2009

Beautify

I always sort of wanted a daughter for the sole purpose to play dress up. No other reason, just to buy cute dresses and to make cute pigtails, and to let her try on make up every once and a while. Tonight I realized I don't need to have a daughter to play dress up. I already have a child that is a willing and eager participant. Marcus has always been sort of obsessed with my make up. Just the other day he had picked out which eyeshadow he wanted me to wear ( a lavendery one) and then said it was too bad I didn't have purple pants to match my make up. I agreed, too bad. What a smart boy though. He understands matching!


I wasn't completely surprised when out of boredom I asked him if he would let me put makeup on him and he said yes. The part that did surprise me was that he was as excited about doing it as I was. He was picking out what he wanted on before I could even get James out of his dresser drawers (his new obsession).


It was funny when I tried to put eyeliner on him. He squinted his eyes shut so tight it was next to impossible. I am so jealous of his eyelashes. They are so long and full, after I put mascara on him they almost looked fake. In this picture you can really see how he inherited my slightly lazy eye. Sorry Marcus.


After we were done with Marcus I thought I would force my cosmetology skills on James too. That didn't work out so well. All he wanted to do was eat the lip gloss and the eyeshadow made him look like he was sickly. Maybe when he is a little older and less prone on tasting anything that comes near his face I will try again.


Marcus loves his new look so much he is seriously hoping his makeup will still be there tomorrow.

No comments: