Monday, February 9, 2009

House Hunting

It's so exciting to look at potential homes. As I walk through them I try to picture the boys running through the house or playing ball in the back yard. I try to imagine making my family dinner in my very own kitchen and helping with the kids homework at kitchen table. We went and saw a few houses on Friday and saw another one yesterday morning but none of them were "the one". I am pretty sure I will know the one as soon as I see it. I thought it was going to be the last one but I didn't get that feeling. The house was perfect, the yard was huge, but the neighborhood wasn't what I was hoping for. That is something we can't change. We are going to see another house today after I get done with work. Hopefully I will have great news when we get back.

I am excited. Shopping is the fun part!

Aside from all the house hunting we had a pretty normal weekend. On Saturday we made our Valentine's Day preparations. We filled out our Valentine cards and mailed them off. Maybe if you are lucky, one of the boys will have chosen you as their special Valentine.

Sunday we went over to my aunt and uncle's house to eat some breakfast and to pick up some stuff they no longer wanted. The boys got to run around and be wild with Daniel which they loved. James just crawled behind and watched them. While they boys played, the adults talked about our chief subject, houses. Rick made bacon, chorizo, and eggs. I think I could eat a whole pound of bacon no problem but I contained myself.

Later in the afternoon we had some friends over and barbecued. I did their taxes because I am their unoffical tax assistant. We talked about houses some more because lately that is all me and Mike think about. I made mashed potatoes and completely forgot that I no longer have a hand mixer so I had to mash them the old school way. Mixer is definitely on the grocery list. After seeing James, Dee is now trying to talk Coco into having a baby. I thought that was funny, it's usually the other way around, the girl trying to convince the guy.

I like having visitors. It makes my life feel rich.

Our fingers are crossed for today's house, I have a good feeling about it.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am so excited for you! We are renters too and I hate it.