Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Little Things

* WARNING* This is a mushy mommy post that is intended for journaling purposes.


I thought I should write a few things down since my memory is pretty lame and it only gets worse each day. I wanted to write down some of those little things about the boys from when they were younger.


Jason, I had you when I was only sixteen years old. I needed you as much as you needed me. You helped me grow up. You were my little adventurer. You were walking and climbing when you were only ten months old. You used to spit up all the time. You always slept in my bed and hardly ever slept in your crib. I used to babysit Brianna when both were nearly one year old. You were best friends even though she always made you cry. One time you got a hold of my deodorant and took a bite out of it. You also ate dog food once. You never liked to play by yourself. You were and are very emotional. We nicknamed you BooBoo because you always said you had owies and always made boo boo lips. Grandma and Grandpa used to call you Bubba, not sure why. Grandma used to think you looked just like the elf that wanted to be a dentist on Rudolph. You were a late talker. I actually took you to a hearing doctor to make sure you could hear okay. You used to fall asleep while eating all the time. You hated to be dirty and hated to finger paint because it made your hands all messy. Grandma gave you a floppy stuffed dog when you were only one year old, you named him Joey and you loved that dog so much, you still sleep with him. You used to pick your nose and put them on the wall by your bed. You always used to sing yourself to sleep and still do. I love to listen to it.


Nathan, you were my happy fat baby. I barely made it to the hospital before you were born. The doctors told me I was having a girl so you were definitely a surprise. You had big chubby cheeks and big dark beautiful eyes. You loved to eat and would eat anything except for peas. You were crawling by eight months and walking at eleven months. You would follow Jason everywhere. You never cried much and you used to sleep so much. You were very very clumsy and would fall a lot. You were tough though and never cried. You loved to sleep, sometimes it would worry me because you would sleep for twelve hours straight. You used to love to swing in the baby swing and watch everyone You used to suck your thumb and had your red blanket that I bought from Walgreens wherever you went. You were very very hard to potty train. You used to call airplanes emmedowns. You just made it up. You were always very quiet and very shy. One time you locked yourself in your bedroom. We didn't have the key for that lock and you wouldn't unlock the door. We had to call Grandpa to come take the door off the hinge. You were very smart and knew the alphabet and how to count before you even went to school. You have always had a very mature sense of humor.


Marcus, you were my fussy baby. You cried all the time and woke up a lot at night. You were a very little baby even though you were average weight. I had to buy you preemie clothes. You used to chase us all down in your walker and hit our feet. You used crawl up to everyone when they had food and try to get some. You had a laugh that would make everyone else laugh. You used to throw yourself out of your crib on purpose to escape. I had to put pillows on the floor so you wouldn't hurt yourself. You drooled a lot until you were three. When you would wake up in the middle of the night you would never come out of the room, you would just cry under the door till I came and got you. You had big curly crazy hair. You used to have an imaginary baby you named Juicy Helmet who went everywhere with you. You used to sneak into our bed just about every night and sleep right in between me and Mike. You were so sad when you were too big for you sippy cup. You love to help with everything, especially cooking. When you were four you nicknamed yourself Mad Dog. You used to tell me all the time how much you loved me, at least five times a day. You have always been the sweetest little boy. You were very scared to lose your first tooth. You want to do everything your big brothers do.

James, it was a bit of a scary ride to finally meet you but it was worth every bit of it. You are my mellow fellow. You are such a happy baby.You were a giant baby, bigger than your brothers. You still don't sleep through the night even though you are ten months old. You have a dimple on your left cheek. You love to make noise and scream. You love to kick your feet like a crazy man for no reason. You love to eat. You chase after your brothers. You started crawling when you were nine months old. You love to take baths. You used to like pacifiers but now you don't. You never cry when you are in the van or going for a walk. You like to sleep on your tummy. You like to be rocked right after your nap. You have an infectious laugh that always makes me laugh too.

I could go on and on. It's sad how easily it is all forgotten and I don't want to forget any of it. It is sad seeing my little babies get big, but at the same time I get to see them learn and grow and turn into such beautiful people inside and out.

1 comment:

Nicole Black said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing!