Sunday, March 8, 2009

Party like it's March 7, 2009


Yesterday was James' official birthday party. All the family came over to our house to celebrate and eat our lasagna and cupcakes in exchange for a birthday present for James.


The boys made really cute and festive signs for the party on poster board. This one is Nathan's sign. Marcus' sign reminded everyone to use their manners and to cover their mouth when they cough.


We hung out, played the wii, everyone took turns playing with the birthday boy, hovered around the food, and had a great time. The older kids went on a long bike ride around the lake and chased the ducks. The adults split off in their usual groups. Men in one room, ladies in the other, that way we could talk about each other safely.


Then it was present time. I was the one helping James open his presents and my husband is not a shutterbug kind of guy so sadly we didn't get any pictures. I took this one after all the presents were open. It's not very good since no one is smiling or looking at the camera but hey, it's all I got. James seemed to like the presents in gift bags. He knew how to get to the gift in those ones. I ended up opening the ones that were wrapped. After they were out of their packaging he loved them all.


Especially this. He is really good at going backwards in it. It also works as a walker since the back of it is tall for him to hold on to and walk. I made the mistake of letting him try to walk with it today. He is not interested in learning to walk and is very careful not to fall whenever he scoots along the furniture. When I let him try to walk with it and the wheels started going, he didn't have a chance. Toppled over is a good description of what happened. He bumped his bean and was very mad at me. Sorry little man, no more bright ideas from mom I promise.


It was so funny when we sang happy birthday to him. He didn't have a clue what was going on and stared at us like we are all crazy! Afterwords he was real excited to see another cupcake waiting for him.

Om nom nom nom


He is turning into a professional cupcake eater. After his cupcake of course it was bath time again. He did so good all day. He still isn't feeling well and had been so good all day. He sort of fell apart though after his bath and really needed a nap so we laid him down.


Nathan really loves cupcakes too. Everyone tried to get him in trouble by making him look like he ate 10 or so cupcakes. I think he was worried but I know Nathan and he wouldn't do that. Right Nathan?

While James was taking a nap and the guys were playing Nintendo, I got to take my mom and my Aunt Sharon to go see our new house. I was really excited to show them and also sort of nervous because I really wanted them to like it. My mom drooled over the size of my closet and Sharon loved our little backyard. I was glad they both liked the house.


It was a great day. I love hanging out with my family. I wish we could do it every weekend. I wish we all lived within a mile radius of each other, that would make it all a lot easier. I still can't believe James is one year old already. He has grown so fast and so much already.

No comments: