Friday, March 13, 2009

Gripes

I am trying to keep my cool right now. Lots of stuff has been going on lately and none of them are things that I was hoping for. I am trying to look at the silver lining but GAH! today was the icing on the cake. I need to vent.

First, our rental property management company has listed our house as available and we have been getting random visitors stopping by to tour our house. Our first visitors came right in the middle of James' birthday party! I wouldn't mind it so much if we were given a bit of notice but it is usually a ten minute heads up or just a knock at the door. Not cool. I don't really like people perusing around in my untidy house unannounced. I think I have reaching my threshold of tolerance on this and can't wait until we can get out of this house.

Next, James has been really really unhappy and clingy ever since a couple of days before his birthday. He was sick for a while but is better now, but he won't stop crying! The only time he is not crying is when I am holding him and walking around. I can't even sit because he will cry. I know he just wants his mama but as much as I want to I can't carry him around all day long. He starts screaming if I try to get him to play with a toy or even attempt to put him down. I don't know what to do!! If this keeps up much longer a visit to the doctor will be on next week's priority list.



Third, Mike's scooter has been sadly sitting in the garage for over a month now needing a repair that is unknown to us. Mike has done his best trying to fix it. It's not like there is a manual or a local chinese scooter part store so he has been ordering parts online and trying his best to do it himself. Today he finally threw in the towel and called a repair shop to get it fixed. I'm happy my husband knows his limits. They even offered towing service!



Lastly, our closing date is going to have to be pushed back. The bank is experiencing an extensive wait time for underwriting due to an influx of purchases and our currently working on loans that were submitted on Feb 18th! We are trying to get an extension on the closing date approved with the seller. This is very bad news for us since we still have to be out of here come the 1st. It's getting a little stressful right about now as far as having to stay with friends for an unknown amount of time and also figuring out my job situation. Since I work from home I have to find a place to set up my home office. I'm sure it will all come together in the end, it's just that getting there is a little unnerving at times.

In the mean time, the three amigos have been helping me out by entertaining James while I make dinner and helping with the turbo cleaning when unexpected guests call last minute. They are precious. When James goes to bed for the night at 8ish I read to them a chapter from the book Dragon Rider. They pile onto the floor with their pillows and blankets, and occasionally a snack. I love reading to them just as much as they love it. It's beautiful moments like these that I treasure the most.







I am lucky to have such a beautiful family, inside and out.

See look where I ended up. I started off complaining about all my issues and finish with what is really important. I feel better now.

No comments: