Friday, March 27, 2009

My Golden Shower


In case you didn't know, my dad is a sheriff. Yesterday he received an award for saving a man's life who was lost in the desert. He was an illegal and had been walking in the desert for days with his brother. His brother did not survive the walk and this man was close to death himself. He called the police to find him and based on the description of his surroundings my dad was able to find him and save him.

I am so proud of him and what he does. I really really am. He saves people and keeps them safe. It takes a brave person to do his job and he does it well.

Okay back to my shower though.

I took the boys to the award ceremony. We got there a little early so we sat down and waited with my dad. James was good the entire time! Well... The entire time before the ceremony started. As soon as the whole thing started he was not happy anymore. He didn't want to be held and he didn't want to be quiet either. All he really wanted to do was squirm in my lap and sing.

Then twenty minutes into the ceremony my lap got really warm. Uh oh. His diaper leaked. Were aren't talking a little leak either. I am talking a dinner plate size leak all over the front of my pants. Can't ignore that one. So I got up and hiked James back to the van (we parked far far away) to change him. I tried to ignore all the annoying people I passed who were saying (Uh oh, looks like someone had an accident." Thank you for stating the obvious people. I make it to the van and changed him and what do ya know, there is no extra clothes in the diaper bag. Now I had a dilemma. Do I take him in there with just a diaper on? Do I wait outside and miss the whole thing? Do I put his soaking wet shorts back on him? What to do...

I really didn't want to miss my dad's award so I dried his shorts the best I could and let them bake in the sun for a few minutes and put the pee shorts back on him. Gross I know. Then we hiked back to the ceremony just in time to have missed my dad's award. That's right I missed the whole thing! That completely sucked.

We still had to sit through the remaining 100 or so other people getting their award before we could leave. By the time it was over (over an hour later), James was completely fed up with the whole thing.

We went over to my dad's house after and had some good food. Carne asada, rice, beans, potato salad. Yum, it was sooo good. My dad is da bomb when it comes to cooking carne asada.

So that is the story of my golden shower.

No comments: