Sunday, December 14, 2008

Saturday Part 2




The second half of our Saturday was dedicated to creating sugar masterpieces. I was in charge of baking the clean canvases and the boys were in charge of painting them. If I have ever cooked for you then you probably know that I am a horrible recipe follower, I always manage to forget or mismeasure an ingredient. One time while making chili, I added an entire half cup of paprika instead of chili powder. Oops. Well anyway, this time I didn't forget anything! I didn't even burn any!
Side note- If you decide to make sugar cookies, don't roll them out on your wood table. It won't work.



The boys loved to decorate. They were very creative with their decorations. Just about every cookie Jason and Nathan made had a large handful of sprinkles, because of course everything is better with sprinkles. Marcus usually went very light with the frosting on his cookies. Jason and Marcus got a little tired of it after the 100th cookie and pretty soon they would just line up their cookies, and slather paint across all four.



If you look closely at Nathan in this picture, you will notice it looks like he has a gumball on the side of his mouth. This is no gumball. This would be the broccoli we made him eat for dinner. This picture was taken about 40 minutes after dinner! He always does this.



We even got Mike to showcase his artistic talents. He is actually a pro at cookie painting. Marcus is stealing a lick of the frosting. He kept getting the frosting all over his sleeves so shortly after this picture, he was decorating topless.



Here are the special cookies Mike decorated for me. I don't know if he actually made them for me, but I already claimed them as mine.


Marcus working hard



Merry Christmas from the photographer and her assistant!

3 comments:

Mi Mom said...

Reminds me of last years baking.Nice to see Mike got to join in this year.

Mi Mom said...

Keep the Christmas photos coming. Ernie and I are enjoying your holiday spirit. Give that baby a kiss from me.

Nicole Black said...

Fun! I love Mike's Christmas tree. He is a pro!