Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving


I wasn't brave enough to go shopping today. I have done it in the past but this year the thought of getting up at 4 in the morning to go stand in some jaw droppingly long line, to wait in the cold, while keeping an eye on that lady that is trying to cut in line, to get that magic deal on whatever just did not seem that appealing. For those of you that did, I hope you got all the items that you evil-eyed and fist fought for.

We spent our Thanksgiving at my dad's house. Sarah and her kids came over and so did my aunt and uncle. We did the usual, gorged ourselves three or four times, fought off the urge to fall asleep while watching football, and played Rockband. What you mean you don't play Rockband at your Thanksgiving? You're weird.

Yes that is my 47 year old dad playing guitar. If you look on the wall you will notice a very nice animal skin and right next to that is two giant pairs of elk antlers. Yes my dad is single and is looking for a nice girl that enjoys cooking, cleaning, and dead animal decor.

The turkey tester

The ham, stuffing, potatoes, corn, biscuits, green bean casserole, peas, sweet potatoes, and everything else testers.

I was thankful a bee didn't land in my soda like one did in Mike's. I hate bees.

We ate our meal outside, my dad said that meant we were eating al fresca. I think al fresca means "with the flies".

No Thanksgiving meal is complete unless there is a kiddie table. This year's table was for Marcus, Angel, and Ryan. There were lots of "don't move the table", "do you have to go potty", "you have to eat three bites of your veggies" being said.

Here are all the leftovers. Sarah and I braved the dishes without the use of a dishwasher. We are troopers.

After dinner, the kids burned off calories by jumping on the trampoline. You can see Ryan aka Tiny Tim hanging out on the side. He got stitches in his foot on Wednesday and although the dr's said it wouldn't affect his walking, he refuses to walk on it. Everyone has been carrying him around so I named him Tiny Tim.

The older kids climbed up the trees in the front yard. It's so funny to see them up in the trees because it's the same trees I used to climb in when I was their age. Oh gosh I am getting old.

Cheaters

Jason fixing up Tiny Tim

After all the dishes were done, all the die hard Rockbanders (me, Sarah, my dad, Jason, and Nathan) spent the rest of the evening playing. Me and Sarah fought over the guitar but I played the I'm older card so I got to play most of the time. We even got Mike to sing! He was pretty creative with his lyrics which was highly entertaining.

I hope your Thanksgiving was as much fun as ours! And I hope you didn't burn you ooey gooey butter cake like I did mine.

No comments: