Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Progress Reports

Today the boys brought home their progress reports. Usually a day to celebrate in our house since they always have pretty good grades. Nathan got his usual straight A's, and Marcus is finally recognizing all his letters and their sounds after months of hard work. Huzzah!

I opened Jason's and I think my mouth hit the floor. Two F's and two D's! I can't believe it! Before this, the worst he has ever got was a single D surrounded by mostly A's. To me this is where it is real hard to be a parent. School is something where I am not in complete control and am not there to see what is the issue until it is too late. I can honestly say I thought he was doing well. He never has problems completing his homework and I never got a note from his teacher about missing assignments. Total shock.

The guilty party is confined to his room for the day after our long talk (I hate sending them to their room for the whole day, I always feel so guilty but it's for his and my own good right) and there is already a letter for his teacher in his backpack.

I am determined to get to the bottom of this and get him back on track. Mom, Mickey, Mena, I am sure you have all been here before, any advice?

P.S. Sorry for the not so cheery post, I'll try to make the next one extra cheery to make up for it

1 comment:

Butterfly said...

Ouch , it is always hard when your kid comes home with bad grades. I think you did a great job in his discipline. I make sure mine do their homework immediately after school before they get to go play and I bug them all the time about their grades, that seems to work for us. I am sure it was just a hard quarter and he will be back on track in no time!!