Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tortillas

Yesterday as punishment for constantly telling me how bored they are, I took the boys over to my mom's house for a some hardcore manual labor. When we got there, my mom and I forced them to make us tortillas from scratch for dinner. After lots of crying and complaining they reluctantly agreed to comply with our demands. They had to since we are a lot smarter than them.


We put them to work quickly. They each mixed up their own batch and kneaded the dough. If we got any lip from them they were forced to eat fresh cherries....without sugar. *Gasp*


We did let them take a small break to let the dough rest. We aren't monsters ya know.


The break was short lived and eventually we hauled them back in to get back to work.


They each took turns rolling out their dough


and cooking them.


I stayed close by to make sure no one got out of line.


Insubordination! No tasting the flour! That's two cherries for him.


Jason was an expert tortilla flipper.


Marcus even made a tortilla that looked just like lips to remind himself never to tell me how bored he is.

We feasted all afternoon on delicious cheese crisps, buttered tortillas, and cake.

I don't think our punishment went as planned because on the way home Marcus asked when we would be doing that again.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love the pictures!