Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I guess we got our answer.

After all the problems we had with our next door neighbor at our old house, I was a little nervous to find out what our neighbors would be like here. After a month I think I can say I definitely have mixed feelings. For one thing, the neighbors to our right and the neighbors to our left are like night and day. Complete opposites.

I have never actually seen the neighbors to the left. There has to be someone there because their brown van does disappear sometimes, and occasionally I see a garbage can out at the road for collection but other than that there has been no sign of life. Maybe they are vampires. Remember that movie Fright Night? Maybe our neighbors are like them. Well at least they keep their yard up, sort of.

Our neighbors to the right on the other hand, we know that house has occupants. We just can't figure out how many. I have seen as many as 10 teenagers congregating on their front porch on a regular basis. They can't all live there can they? If so they should get their own tv show like the Duggars. They aren't very well mannered either. They throw their water bottles in our yard and I saw them stab to death a salamander that used to live in our sprinkler system box on their front porch. They don't take care of their yard and they park in front of our house all the time. I have met with who I think is the father? His name is Jim, very similar to our old neighbor John. Coincidence? I think not. He seems like a nice guy but I am really not too enthusiastic about his teenagers.

I was really hoping to get off on the right foot with my neighbors but I have already forbid the boys to talk or play with them. At least I can rest assure they probably aren't the type that will call the police about a ball going over the fence. I can only hope that they will soon fall victim to foreclosure and will soon be on their way. Isn't that terrible of me. Only the ones to the right though, after reading Twilight I am willing to give the vampires a chance.

No comments: