Thursday, June 25, 2009

Good Afternoon

Today is a day of anticipation. Nathan's birthday is tomorrow, 10 years old, and I am in full preparation mode. I saved all my gift wrapping for today of course and I also have to get our food plans in order for tomorrow. I'm sure I am missing a few things so I will be making one of those midnight trips to Walmart.

In his usual fashion, Nathan is choosing to spend his birthday at Grandma's house. We will be spending the day over there and having his birthday dinner there too. I always let the boys pick dinner on their day and this year Nathan has requested ribs and mashed potatoes. Two great choices I must say. His cake will be the same cake he chooses every year. The boy loves cheesecake.

He is so excited about his birthday he has been losing sleep. My alarm woke me up for work at 5:45am and he was already up, too excited to lay there anymore. He has been counting down the days on every calendar in the house. I'm sure tonight is going to be a very giddy night.

In keeping with family tradition, the boys will be able to stay up all night tomorrow night. When they were younger this meant they stayed up until 11:45 and then put themselves to bed, too tired to stay up a minute longer. As they have gotten older they have really gotten good at staying up late. Last year, Jason and Nathan made it the whole night. My mom used to do this with me and my sister and I just love passing along the tradition to the boys. They will be indulging themselves with snacks, soda, movies, and Nathan's new gifts. And for the one special day, all punishments are postponed. This means he will be able to play video games. No wonder he is so excited!

Not only are we anticipating tomorrow's big plans but we are also excited for next week. Mike has the entire week off! We decided we weren't going to be able to do a big vacation this year. We were really hoping to be in Michigan at this moment and in attendance to Lindsay and Adam's wedding tomorrow. It just didn't work. We can still have some fun though! We are planning some fun little day trips around town. I don't really care what we do as long as it involves spending some quality time together outside of the house. Hee hee!

As for the boys' activities today, they didn't let a little rain stop them from swimming.






In fact, the rain made swimming even more exciting.

No comments: