Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hawaii

This past August we took a family vacation to the Big Island of Hawaii to attend Mike's sister Anne's wedding. Ahh Hawaii, the most relaxing place in the world. Well it's at least the most relaxing place I have ever been. Even James could tell we weren't at home. He slept like a dream every night and was such a happy little baby the whole trip. All the older boys wanted to do was play at the beach everyday. They would have preferred to not see the erupting volcano or the amazing waterfall or anything else Hawaii has to offer if it meant they got to go to the beach and boogey board. So that is what we did most of the time. I must say, snorkeling is pretty amazing, and even though I was terrified that a fish might touch me, I can't wait to go and do it again someday. I think the sun is a little closer to Hawaii because no matter how many times you apply spf 50 you still look like a lobster. James got a little Hawaiian tan too. We could tell because the little folds in his wrists were still pale. I hope someday we will be able to take the kids back there. Maybe I could drag my non flying mom too.

No comments: