Thursday, May 28, 2009

Outdoors

Me: I am Mom

Me: Mom I am

Three kids I know: That Mom of ours, that Mom of ours, we do not like that Mom of ours.

Me: Do you want to play outdoors?

Three kids I know: We do not like to play outdoors. We would not like that Mom of ours.

Me: Would you try it with a ball?

Three kids I know: We would not like it with a ball. We do not like that idea at all. We do not like to play outdoors. We do not like that Mom of ours.

Me: Would you like it at the park?

Three kids I know: We would not like it at the park. We'd rather be eaten by some sharks. We would not like it with a ball. We do not like that idea at all. We do not like to play outdoors. We do not like it Mom of ours.

Me: Would you could you with a kite? Could you would you with a bike?

Three kids I know: We would not like to fly a kite, and would rather be punished than to ride a bike. We would not like it at the park. We would rather be eaten by some sharks. We would not like it with a ball. That suggestion was the worst of all. We do not like to play outdoors. We do not like it Mom of ours.

Me: You may like it you will see. You may like to play with me.

Three kids I know: We would not like to play with you. What the heck is wrong with you? We do not like to fly our kites. We do not like to ride our bikes. Not at the park, not with a ball. Boy your ideas are the worst of all. We do not like to play outdoors. We do not like to Mom of ours.

Me: Kids, you do not like it so you say. Try it. Try it and you may I say.

Three kids I know: We will try it and you will see. We really don't need to see the sun or trees. All we need are plasma TVs.

Me: ( Dragging the kids outside with popsicles)

Three kids I know: Hey! We like being outdoors, we do! We like to be outdoors with you! And we would like it at the park, man our Mom is so darn smart! We would like it with a ball. Where's our friends let's call them all! We would love to fly our kites, and after that lets ride our bikes. We love to play outdoors. Thank you, thank you, Mom of ours.

*Five minutes later*

Three kids I know: Mom our popsicles are all gone, we're getting bored, and Sponge Bob's on...

1 comment:

mom said...

sooo funny