Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Busy Weeekend

How do four days off go so incredibly fast? I felt like I was just getting reacquainted with my two favorite flat pillows when it was already time to set the alarm clock for 5:40am again.

Bummer.

At least we did get a few things accomplished this weekend. Home ownership has definitely brought on a brand new list of household chores and a whole new level of handiness out of us. More Mike than me but I am learning. We are now official door knob installers, air conditioning coil cleaners, landscapers, appliance installers, painters, etc etc etc. You name it, we can probably stumble our way through it.



On Friday I decided to start pulling out all the weeds in the back yard. This means pulling out pretty much all the greenery we have back there. Mike is more inclined to spray them all with some weed killer. I spent five solid hours out back and a few hours each day since (except for today) and am probably only 35% done. I kind of like going out there and getting my hands dirty. Nathan and Marcus come out there and help and we talk and laugh which is nice. I'll take any chance I can to spend time with my boys, even if it means pulling weeds with them. Quality time can take many different forms.



Mike had fun painting the top portion of the stairwell on Saturday. We painted it the same color as the first floor. It is sort of a wheat color that I really liked.



We also went out and let the kids pick out the paint colors for their rooms. Each of them will get to help paint their own room with me which they are thrilled about. Jason chose a nice mellow green color that I love. He did really good helping, he only backed into the wet paint once. Next will be Nathan's room.



I must have given this dirty little lady over a dozen sink baths. She officially has a name now, Alice. Alice is a lot like my other baby. They are both very messy eaters and are yet to be very interested in being potty/litterbox trained. That means lots of baths with Johnson's baby soap for both.



Try as I might, I couldn't ignore laundry this weekend. The bane of my existence. You know what my gripe is with doing laundry? It takes hours to do and even after you are done washing it you still have to fold it and put it away. No fun. It feels so good once it is all done though.

After all that work I did this weekend I thought I deserved an award of some sort. So on Monday when I checked the new item on woot.com (all of my fellow wooters know what I am talking about) and saw the infamous and beautiful Dyson vacuum at an astronomical price, I knew I deserved it. It should be here some time next week. I am downright giddy with anticipation.

1 comment:

deedee said...

Thanks for the picture Becky and I thought you looked great in your shorts!