Thursday, May 14, 2009

Damn Sippy Cup

This weekend I decided it was time to get firm about ditching the bottle and getting James used to his sippy cup. Up until now, we have been offering him his sippy cup but not forcing him to take it. I started on Monday and decided he was only going to get one bottle before bedtime and that was it.

James HATES sippy cups.

He likes straws, drinking from regular cups, bottles, and everything else besides sippy cups. This is the reaction I get when I give him his hated new cup.


Look at those sad eyes. Clearly disappointed that I gave him this instead of his delicious bottle but not sure how serious I am yet.


Growing concerned that I have not exchanged his sippy cup with a more preferred item. Like a bottle.


Enraged that his mom could do such a thing to him.


Really thirsty and starting to realize there is no bottle on it's way.


Fine, I'll try it but I don't have to like it.

Right after this picture he threw down the sippy cup and threw another fit. Now whenever I offer him the cup he shoves it away. I can tell this is going to be a long road.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great series of pictures! Soon you'll have to take away the sippy cup.