Monday, December 29, 2008

Snow Day



On Christmas, a few of us were discussing how we don't do anything spontaneous anymore. We always plan everything and it all feels sort of less exciting because of it. Basically, we all feel like we are getting old. So, we decided to NOT plan to go up to the snow on Sunday. We decided to NOT plan to make pb and j's to take for lunch. We decided to NOT plan to meet at my mom's at 7am, and we decided to NOT plan to have my Aunt Suzie watch James for us. We were going to be rebels and we would be young and spontaneous.


Marcus stuck to going down the very safe smaller hills. He was so bundled up at first that he couldn't even bend. He reminded me of Ralphie's brother on A Christmas Story.


Angel making a snow angel. She is not the snow lover she thought she was. After half an hour, she was ready to hang out in grandma's truck. I think she was also tired of Sarah showing everyone the haircut that Angel had given to herself and to Ryan. She aspires to be a master stylist some day.


Ryan was all about the snow. He would get mad that we wouldn't let him go down by himself on the big hill. This child knows no fear. At least not when it comes to snow. He is beyond terrified of Brianna's cat.


Deedee and Chris were a few of the non-planners. Don't they look so young and spontaneous?


Me and my mommy. Look at how tall I am compared to her. I think she is shrinking. Maybe I should have bought her some platform snow boots for Christmas. We never did have a snowball fight that I was secretly NOT planning, but I did hit her windshield with a few snowballs when they were leaving.


Jason was usually nowhere around me. He pretty much stayed on the hill most of the time. I stayed where it was flatter and watched all the other sledders hurt themselves doing idiotic stunts and tricks.


Nathan preferred to stay on the hill too. At the end, his feet were icicles and he was ready to be done with snow for the year.


Here is our picnic we did NOT plan on having. I highly recommend going out and getting yourself a few limited edition cans of honey mustard Pringles. They are delish.


Nathan and Brianna preferred a private picnic in the snow. They sort of look like an old married couple the way they have their backs to each other.


Marcus with a few less layers. Funny how we can be freezing in our house with the thermostat set at 70 but we were sweating in the snow with the temp around 20.


Jason found a snow fort that was the perfect size for him. Luckily, there were no bears, skunks, badgers, squirrels, or spiders inside.


No this picture was not photoshopped. This is an actual picture of Mike and I standing right next to each other in the same picture. Actually this was probably picture number 8. In the other seven pictures Mike was talking which didn't make for an attractive picture.


When the boys were wet up to their chest we knew it was time to go. We had a good time, I even went down the hill once. It ended with me doing a double axle with a one and a half twist. That was something else that I did NOT plan.

Sadly, I didn't get a single picture of Rick, Sharon, Amanda, or Daniel. I'm not sure how that happened because my giant camera was dangling around my neck the entire time. But I promise you, they all looked very young, very spontaneous, and very good looking in all their snow garb.

No comments: