Friday, December 19, 2008

The Box


A couple weeks ago, a box was delivered to our house. On it was written "Open December 19th". We put the box under the Christmas tree and it has been sitting there driving Nathan crazy ever since. Every single day without exception, Nathan would wonder out loud about what was in the box. He would also let me know how many more days it was until he could find out. I knew what was in it, and I suppose I could have told him that it was a week's worth of presents from Grandma Mickey, but I decided it was more entertaining to watch him stew with impatience.

Well today is that day. As soon as the boys were home from school, we opened the box. It was hard for me to even open it since there were three heads in the way. They were all trying to be the first to see what was inside. I opened it up and then took a quick step back to take this picture and to get out of the way so I wouldn't get trampled.


They quickly figured out which gifts were to be opened today. They ripped those open and I think I saw a few candy bars before they were gone.


One of James' presents has to be rewrapped due to the excitement level. Don't worry Grandma, we covered his eyes so he wouldn't see it.


After I put the Humpty Dumpty present back together again, I saw this. Then I was just as excited as Nathan had been. I claimed that Grandma had meant for me to open this present, I'm sure she did. After I opened it I was pretty sure I was right. She knows I am a hopeless jigsaw puzzle addict. I bet I even have the 1000 pieces put together before the weekend is over.

No comments: