Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday Part 1

I wish I could start today all over again. It was a day dedicated to fun. We started by going to the AZ Broadway Theatre to see a play called The Elves and the Shoemaker. I LOVE plays, symphonies, Broadway shows, marching bands, or anything else related, so I was super pumped to take the boys. Last night I went online to get directions from their website and happened to notice this...

Our Dress Code
Appropriate attire for the Arizona Broadway Theatre ranges from "business casual" to as formal as you like. Please no ball caps, tennis shoes, shorts, jeans, t-shirts or workout apparel.

I got a little concerned because that last line single handedly eliminated the boys entire wardrobe. I didn't want to be the underdressed ghetto family at the show! After reading this I wasn't quite as excited about the show and didn't sleep too well. When I woke up I decided we were going anyway, ghetto or not. I put the boys in sweaters, jeans (without holes), and their school tennis shoes- their options were play tennis shoes, school tennis shoes, or flip flops- and hoped that we wouldn't be kicked out of the theatre. We drove down there and as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, I noticed we weren't the only ones breaking the no jeans rule. I felt better. When we got inside I was excited to see that not only were there people in jeans and sneakers, I saw two people wearing tye dye shirts, one very large masculine lady wearing a t shirt with the sleeves cut off and work boots, and one person wearing one of those old 80's shirts where the arm sleeves had a bunch of slits with beads on the end!

Needless to say, we weren't kicked out. I loved the show and I am pretty sure the boys did too.



I illegally snuck this picture of the stage with Marcus' head making an appearance as well.


I'll be posting about the rest of our day tomorrow!!


1 comment:

sarahbear0821 said...

hmmm breaking the rules to get pictures for your blog? While i'm sure we all appreciate the thought a nice description would have been just fine. LOL...wish i could have gone. Sounds like a lot of fun!