Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve

Wow! What a whirlwind the last two days have been. The last 48 hours were spent with lots family, presents, food, and nauseousness. That's right, I was sick. Or at least I thought I was sick. I never had a fever or anything, I just felt like I was on the verge of upchucking constantly.

Anyway, enough about my weak stomach. We spent Christmas Eve at my dad's house like usual. We visited, exchanged gifts, ate homemade chicken and rice soup and tortillas, and did all sorts of other non holiday related stuff. Like-


Seeing if we can fit six children up in the tree at the same time. Which we did.


We saw how many sit ups Jason could do with Mike's new scooter helmet on. 14.


We watched James attempt to shove his entire fist into his mouth. He can.

Then I decided I needed a few cute pictures of everyone for documentation.


Angel refused to let me take her picture. After bugging her nonstop, this is the one picture she allowed me to take. Pretty


She's just like her mom


This will be perfect for the photo album right? The funny part is I am actually really proud of this picture because I took it by myself. I managed to get it centered just right without even looking at where the camera was pointed while maintaining a perfect fish pose.


Sarah and the kids, smiling this time.


Me and my dad


Everyone was super annoyed in this one because my Aunt Suzie didn't know how to work the camera and it took her twelve tries to actually get us all in the picture. I love my dad's face. He's practically screaming with impatience.

The rest of the night was dedicated to present exchanging. The boys got lots of cool stuff. Mike got a new helmet for his scooter, and I even got a Debbie Meyer microwave pasta cooker. Cool!

We went home and put out Santa's milk, cookies, and fudge. Nathan left a note for Santa asking him what his favorite kind of fudge was. Santa likes chocolate. Then we got on pajamas, watched a Christmas Story, read our favorite Christmas books that Aunt Mena sends, and the boys went to bed.

1 comment:

Butterfly said...

What a beautiful family you have!