Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Lazy Weekend

Four days.

Four days and I enjoyed every one of them. I slept in all the way until close to 8am on Saturday thanks to my saintly husband. We went over to spend the afternoon at my mom's house and to play poker. The boys swam all afternoon and most of the evening. Even James got to swim for a little while. He doesn't have a swimsuit yet for the summer so he swam naked. Awesome.

My mom was the official lifeguard on duty and the rest of us played some tournament style texas hold'em. She was lucky she didn't play because Mike and I ran the table and claimed first and second place. I would tell you who came in first and who came in second but I have decided that is not very important. It's all about having fun right? Right.

It really was a beautiful evening spent with family.

Sunday. Hmm, I really don't have a clue what we did on Sunday. Was there a Sunday this weekend? Where did it go?

Monday we barbecued like every other family in the country probably.



I even wore shorts which I never ever wear. I guess I was feeling a little daring. That's right, I'm not afraid to walk on the wild side. Really I was just trying to tan my legs a little in preparation for the dreaded *gulp* swimsuit season.

We spent the afternoon in the backyard playing with beanbag toss game. I am officially terrible at that game.





Mike was a show off and could toss in the bags with his eyes shut. Whatev.



James was a bean bag stealer. If you were missing a bean bag you better find James.



Jason was pretty good at the game and Nathan had no patience for it. He wanted to be good at it right away. Kind of like me.



He makes this funny face now that always makes me laugh. He is sort of making it in this picture, try to imagine him inhaling and exhaling through his nose really fast while making this face. That is what he does. We have also been teaching him how to wink but right now he is still a two eyed winker.

My dad, Deedee, and Chris all stopped by for a quick hello. Deedee and Chris had never seen our new house so it was nice to show it off. We are proud of it. They even brought a housewarming gift! Soon we will be buying them one too.

My dad stopped by too while he was on duty. He is the king of the unannounced visit, but honestly we don't mind. He got some of his report writing done and ate some of our delicious barbecue and then left. Scavenger.

Later in the evening we had a fire outside. We roasted marshmallows and made smores. We laughed about funny stories and talked about summer plans. We still aren't sure what we are going to do for our vacation this year. The boys want to go to Michigan to visit family and their other suggestion was to go panning for gold. I was thinking about a trip to the beach but who knows. I guess we better figure that out soon since the summer is already upon us.

Hope you all had a wonderfully lazy weekend too!

No comments: