Friday, January 30, 2009

House Update

I feel like I am riding a horse and my saddle slid upside down with my feet stuck in the reigns. I know where I want to go but it's hard to see with all the dirt and rocks flying at my head. I feel like I am so close, I can see it! I could almost touch it. But my horse is running away and I can't steer it. If only I could find a way back on my horse.

Alright, enough with the figurative language this is what I really mean.

Right now it isn't looking so good for our house.

The loan officer who had assured us it would be no problem for us to get financing, his exact words were " I am 95% sure it will be okay, you guys are pretty vanilla." called us back yesterday and said that we aren't going to be able to get the USDA rural loan we really wanted. The only loan we can qualify for right now would be an FHA loan which trust me, I am beyond thrilled that we actually qualified for something but with that loan, we would need to put down more money than we have. How can it be possible that the only thing standing in between me and my eleven year dream is a few thousand dollars! I feel like we are so close but once again still a little too far.

So once again I have tried and I'm failing. I'm not giving up, my boys still need a home of their own. I am still going to try to find a way, but I am definitely losing a bit of hope.

For now, Grandma a.k.a. my drill sergeant and Grandpa are in town for a visit and we got lots of fun stuff to do for the next five days.

2 comments:

DuckyPorkchop said...

Buying a house can be very stressful. I had so much anxiety when we decided to buy a house. I'm not sure how much time you have to buy but one suggestion may be looking into new builds. They are just as low as other homes because of the market. Plus a lot of them with throw in a ton of extras and pay for your downpayment. They have a thing called Ameridream that allows home builders to give money to home buyers for their down payments. Lee and I only qualified for the FHA but with the Ameridream we didn't have to put any money down. And what would be better than everything in YOUR first home being what you want and not what the previous homeowner wanted. Just a thought. Also if you're pressed for time a lot of them have new homes that people backed out of that are move in ready but you can still get the incentives on. Don't let it get to you...It will happen and after that first mortgage payment you'll wonder why you were so worried in the first place.

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the info! I'll have to look into that. It is very stressful but if we get it then I am sure it will all be so worth it. Will you add my email so I can view your blog again? I promise I am not a chester.

rebeccab1103@yahoo.com