Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cookies


It's a right of passage for a mom to make cookies for her children to eat after school. To see her children's faces light up when they walk in the door and smell that unmistakable delicious aroma. After Mike went off to work and baby J was down for his nap, I was feeling sort of Paula Dean-ish. So that is exactly what I did today. I got out my mom's secret chocolate chip recipe and got down to business.


My mom's recipe makes the most delicious, enormous chocolate chip cookies ever. Each cookie is a quarter of a cup of dough. Very Paula Dean.


Nathan tries to do this in every picture I take of him and it is really annoying. I think it means rock on or devil horns or something. I'm not cool enough to know.


Yummy two handed goodness.


We are a house full of cookie dough lovers. Mike thinks this is pretty disgusting, but me and the boys could gobble up a whole batch of cookie dough without ever cooking them. I let the boys each have a small spoonful of cookie dough. Nathan was asking if this spoonful was too big. I will probably have to hide a few cookies so there will be a few for Mike to have.

1 comment:

Nicole Black said...

oh yum! THose look so good! I want the top secret recipe so I can be a good mom too!