Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We Made It

Summer is coming to an end and school will be back in session in just two short days. Jason and Nathan are thrilled about it but poor Marcus is just dreading it. Every day he has asked me how many days are left of summer vacation and every time I tell him, it's like gravity is pulling him twice as hard as everyone else. His shoulders sag, his back hunches over, and the corners of his mouth just can't stay up. Poor guy.

After work I took the hippie to get a haircut. Our last back to school preparation. Apparently I wasn't the only mom to have waited until the last minute for a haircut. Great Clips was at standing room only and even that was crowded.


Shaggy


Handsome

Today was also meet the teacher night at school. We made our first trip out of many to the school. No car so it was a hot walk. I am so looking forward to cooler weather. I would settle for less than 100. We found the boys' classrooms and met the teachers. Marcus' teacher was very friendly to him and his nerves seemed to calm down a little.
Nathan's teacher seemed like a down to business type of lady but was also very nice. That is exactly what he needs. I made sure to tell her about his tendency to hoard school papers in his desk. She winked knowingly back at me. Not really but she gave me the signal that she had it under control.
Jason's teacher, although he is a male teacher, I can already tell he is a little on the dramatic side. We'll see how that goes.

By the time we got home James was as red as strawberry. I doused him with water and all I wanted to do was lay directly under the ceiling fan. The boys went swimming to cool off.
I'm thinking popsicles for dinner sounds like an amazing idea.

No comments: