Thursday, August 6, 2009

Procrastinator

That is Nathan.

At the end of the last school year Nathan got in trouble at school for not turning in his essay. Since it wasn't the first time this had happened and he was having a little bit of a hard time with learning to write essays I thought it would be a very fitting punishment to ground him from video games until he wrote me three essays about books that he has read. This way he would be learning how to write essays and be punished all at the same time. I told him he had until the end of summer vacation to complete the essays but if he got them done sooner he would be off of punishment.

Little did I know I am the mother to the most stubborn procrastinator in the world.

The day before school started he still had one essay due. He went the entire summer without playing video games because he just loathed writing these reports. He actually had to ask me why exactly he was grounded because he forgot. I told him it had to be done by 9pm or he would spend a week in his room. Harsh I know but come on, I don't think I asked too much.


Here he is at 8:45pm. Frantically finishing the last report. The imminent threat of possibly having to spend a week in his room really lit a fire under him.


By the skin of his teeth he got it done. Boy was he happy about that. After he was done he said, "why didn't I just do it sooner and then I could have played video games?". I wonder the same thing.

No comments: