Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Song for James

When James was a brand new little baby I made a song for him. I sang it to him when he was fussy and we would pace around in the room until he felt better. I don't think he really noticed the song as much as he did my voice back then.

I still sing him his little song when he wakes up and we rock together in his glider. He gets real still and just watches me while I sing it. I think he recognizes his song now. Here it is.

(Sung to the melody of Clementine)

Oh my Jamesy, Oh my Jamesy
Oh my Jaaaamesy, Jamesy boy

You're my sweetie, you're my cutie
You're my baby, Jamesy boy.

Repeat

Not very original, I know, but it's his. Sometimes I substitute other adjectives like chunky, silly, or fussy instead.

Just wanted to write it down so I wouldn't forget it. I have a another tune that I hummed to all the boys when they were babies but it is a lot harder to write that one down.

No comments: