Saturday, August 1, 2009

Photoshop

Just thought I would pop in for a quick post since James is taking a nap. Mike is off helping my aunt and uncle move into their new house in the middle of the desert heat. Hope they have lots of water. The three musketeers just got done taking a long dip in the pool and now they are plopped in front of the tv.

I finally broke down and bought Adobe Photoshop Elements since I found it on sale for half price. Now I can complete our family silhouette pictures. I have spent the last few hours playing around with the gazillion different editing options. The first thing I did was impose myself into a picture of Mike and James.


Picture A + Picture B= Picture C


This could come in handy since Mike and I have next to no pictures of us actually standing together in the same picture. We may never have to stand together again. Ha!



Next I tried some picture enhancements. I didn't alter the picture too much, just gave it some vibrance. Lightened it, sharpened it, made it more "warm", and made the green more green. I am happy with the outcome. This is more along the lines of what I want to use Elements for, maybe not as retouched as this one but you get the idea.


And last I did this. Turned the picture into a black and white except for Jason. I kind of like the effect.

Well, I almost made it through the whole post before James woke up. I am sure he is ready for his post nap rock in the glider.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow....I love the last picture