Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Sunday



Yesterday our Arizona Cardinals made their first Superbowl debut and we were spent our afternoon barbecuing and cheering them on. I'll take any excuse to stuff myself with burgers, brats, barbecue chips, veggies and dip. My Dad was supposed to come over but he was a no show, Ryan came over, and Mickey and Ernie are still here. Who would have thought that the Cardinals could make it to the Superbowl! And who would have guessed that they could come so darn close to winning! For a minute there we thought they were actually going to win. What a heartbreaker! Even though they lost, by Cardinals standards, they definitely won and we are proud of them.

In keeping with the "bowl" day theme, we went bowling in the morning. We got there just in time and got the last lane available.




Ernie said he hadn't bowled since 1970 something but I don't buy it. He was showing off his skills nailing strikes right and left.


Jason decided he doesn't like bowling, he only bowled a few times before he was done with it. Really he just has no patience and thinks he should be a professional bowler even though he has only bowled a handful of times. There is a term for this behavior, it's called being a fun vacuum.


I pretty much bowled awesome. My goal is to score 100 and I am happy. My scores were 126 and 132! Mike scores this pretty much on a bad day but I didn't take bowling in college like him. I'll have to remember for next time that lane 24 is my lucky lane.


If there was a contest for the least amount of pins knocked down while using the bumpers Nathan would win. Somehow he managed to miss all the pins quite a few times! He is one of those bowlers that puts a ton of spin on his throws. When he gets older and a little more practice he is going to be a bowling superstar and win his momma lots of money.

So lets recap

Cardinals in the Superbowl

Barbecue chips

Strikes right and left

Fun vacuum

Lane 24

and lots of money for momma.

No comments: