Monday, February 23, 2009

Joining the Ranks


The time has officially come for James to follow in his brother's footsteps and get his first signature family buzz cut. His feathery wisps were just not all that cute anymore. I was sort of scared to do it. My friend from work just gave her son who is the same age as James a hair cut and it took a small army to accomplish.


We strapped him down in his high chair and crossed our fingers while dad administered the clippers. He loved it! He would smile and laugh when they would touch and vibrate on his head. Not what I expected but a wonderful surprise.


The only problem was he kept trying to look at the clippers which made it impossible to get the back of his head. After the top was all done and he ate all his cracker I held him so dad could get the back. His hair is so feathery fine it was real hard to cut so it took a while. I think there are still a few spots that aren't as short as the others but we won't tell him.


He kept shutting his eyes. I don't know if it was because of the vibration or because some of the hair was falling on him. After his haircut, we both needed a shower since we both looked like wilderbeasts.


Here is his after picture! He looks so much older and mature doesn't he? I'm not sure why he sort of looks purple-ish, weird bathroom lighting I guess. I had to make sure his hair was still long enough to style and a mini hawk is still possible. Whew! He sort of claimed my toothbrush for the second half of his haircut. Whatever it takes to get the job done right?



1 comment:

Nicole Black said...

ha! It is so cute! I wish Brody would have stayed that still for us! Maybe I will have to try the strapping down to highchair method next time! I love the last picture with the spikes and his cute smile!