Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth


Hope everyone had a great holiday. Don't they all look so cute in their little button up shirts? They wore these for approximately six minutes after we arrived at my mom's house. As soon as they crossed the threshold they were disrobing out of their clothes ready to ride the bull.


There's something about that bull. If you master it you become a legend in the pool. Marcus is close to mastering it. He is only 42lbs soaking wet so when he jumps on there isn't a whole lot of water displacement to knock him off. It's like a bird landing on a telephone line.


Here is my feeble attempt at a patriotic dessert. Very one of a kind I know. Really my dessert was overshadowed by my mom's cinnamon rolls that tasted just like the ones from Cinnabon. They were spot on and gut wrenchingly good. I think I could have eaten three of them even though they were each the size of a small cantaloupe.

For dinner, Mike grilled up his delicious steaks and I got to eat my mom's special mashed potatoes. We also had salad and watermelon but someone "forgot" to get those out of the fridge so we had the cinnamon rolls instead.


We love poker. We played again last night while James was taking a nap.


This summer has been so great so far. I have spent far more time with my family (my mom, my dad, and my aunts and uncles) than I have in a long time, and that makes me happy.


The highlight of the night was when everyone got to shoot off party poppers and confetti sticks. The confetti sticks were my favorite and made it look just like Times Square on New year's. James was fine with the loud noise but he was terrified of all the confetti raining down. He would scream the most blood curdling scream if we set him down. Go figure, confetti is scary.

Sadly, this is Mike and I's last day of vacation. It always goes by so fast. It was a lot of fun though and we got to do some fun stuff with the kids. Today we plan on just relaxing and hanging out together. It will be the first non planned day of vacation we have.

No comments: