Monday, July 27, 2009

The Dead Tree


Today we went on a very short hike to the dead tree. Before we even moved into our house we saw the dead tree from one of the bedroom windows and thought it was cool. It's one of those trees you imagine in a scary story because it is all snarled and ominous looking.


I say it was a short hike because the tree is almost directly behind our house and today's temperature is 114. An hour hiking around in the wash, no thanks. James loves to be outside so when he is fussy I always know how to cheer him up.


My little sidekick. Marcus would follow me to the moon and back.


On the complete opposite end, James wouldn't follow me anywhere. In fact he runs as fast as he can in the opposite direction. I had to send in the cavalry to catch him before he got too far ahead.

Busy day planned for tomorrow. We are going school supply shopping. I have my fingers crossed that no one is picky about their backpack preference this year. We are also going to go see my aunt's new house for the first time. Tis the season for home buying!

No comments: