Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Kitchen has been Invaded!!

Hide the flour!! Stow the spatulas!! Grandma Mickey is here and she is on a mission to take over my kitchen. Or maybe her mission is to fatten us up for winter. Mickey came to town on Tuesday and oven hasn't turned off ever since. At this rate I am going to be a diabetic next Thursday! Here are a few of the delicious treats she has created...

Homemade doughnuts

Brownies (not out of the box)

Caramel apples (close second favorite)

Delicious doughnut holes

Popcorn balls (my personal favorite)


Chocolate cake (Okay I made this one but it was for Mickey's birthday, you have to have cake on your birthday right?)


We love it when Grandma is in town and these guys definitely weren't complaining about all the treats flowing from the oven. They are the official stirrers, dippers, mixers, popcorn ballers, taste testers, and any other type of helper they could be. I am afraid to ask what is on the menu for the weekend. Maybe something with a little less sugar. Hopefully I will still fit into the same pants I am wearing today come Tuesday *fingers crossed*.

1 comment:

Butterfly said...

mmmmm send her to my house she can take over my kitchen ANY DAY!!