Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot!

This weekend we definitely said hello to Arizona summer. Thankfully Big Blue made her grand entrance just in time to keep us cool. It took a whole day of straight hose running to fill it all the way up and by the time it was full the kids could hardly wait to jump in.


It is always an honor to be the first one in the pool for the summer. I remember my sister and I always fighting about who would be able to get in first. Seems like such a little thing now but then it was the most important thing in our lives.


Oz didn't know what to think of the pool. He kept running around the pool and jumping up like he had springs on his back feet to see what was going on.


Two dollar tubes, diving sticks, and some random large bucket make swimming such a blast.


James' new favorite word is skwimming. It's all he wants to do now.


We wanted to see if Ozzie knows how to dog paddle. He does. He dog paddles right to the edge of the pool and seeks dry land.


I swam too but sadly I am the only shutterbug in the family so my swim went undocumented.


After James and I got out the macho games began. No activity would be complete without a dose of good old fashioned wrestling. Seriously, do all boys do this??


It is going to be a fun summer!

No comments: