Sunday, June 6, 2010

Atta Boy Blue

On Memorial Day weekend I caught the painting bug again. I was so tired of seeing James' depressing white walls and I decided to do something about it. Off to Home Depot I went to pick out a paint color. James came too which is never a good idea when you will be standing in one spot for a prolonged period of time in a store (i.e. the paint swatch section). I didn't have any idea of what color I wanted. Yellow? Green? Blue? So there I stood for twenty minutes while James entertained himself by digging through my purse, applying chapstick on his lips and cheeks about 30 times, and trying to pull out any of the little paint swatch papers that he could reach. I think the lady that worked there felt bad for him so she decided to give him some random Home Depot stickers she had laying around. Thanks Home Depot lady! He had fun playing with those until they lost their stickiness. He stuck them on his face, the cart and my shirt. I found one stuck on my shoulder 4 hours later when I was at Walmart.

So anyway, I finally decided on a Disney color called Atta Boy Blue. I was nervous because it looked really bright on the swatch and you never can tell what it will look like with just a little one inch by one inch square.


So bye bye ugly, white, plain, boring, no fun walls.


And hello electric blue! As soon as I started rolling it on I loved it. Very energetic and boyish. Perfect for James.


Really brought his depressing little room to life and was long overdue.


James was sad he didn't get to help paint but he likes the color too. Now I just need to work on a theme to tie it all together. Maybe beach? Or old cars?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks awesome! What a fun color. =)

Kaci Jo said...

I love that color Becky!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I love it too.