Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vacation!

Tomorrow we are off to the lake. We are leaving bright and early, actually I don't think it will be bright at 4am but it will definitely be early. Marcus is flipping out he is so excited about going fishing. We are just making it a day trip since we aren't sure how much James is going to enjoy all day outdoors.

Mike has been on vacation all week and I started my vacation today. I have been busy playing with my new toy. A computer. And my new computer desk. If you ask my mom she would tell you I was not your typical child when I was little. Forget the toy aisle, I was not into that. I wanted to go check out the school supply aisle (and the medical supply aisle but we can discuss my love for gauze and crutches at a different time). My love for school supplies has blossomed into a love for office stuff. Desks, computers, pencils, keyboards, I love it all. My new desk takes up a large percentage of the office. Think I am joking?





It takes up two whole walls. It is just what I wanted though. I had been searching for a desk that would comfortably hold the computer, my work computer, the printer, and still have room for other stuff. This desk fit the bill! There is just enough space left in the room for the futon. I love Ikea.

Today we took the boys to go ice skating for the first time. My dad and Brianna came with us although my dad refused to step on the ice. Baby! He kept giving me lame excuses about not wanting to miss work from an injury.



The kids all got the hang of it really fast and loved it! Marcus could do even do spins. I skated for approximately twenty minutes and then my legs were screaming at me to stop. My skates were so tight they were squeezing my leg fat and cutting off my circulation.



Jason and Nathan were speed skaters, and Brianna was the careful one. James hung out with me and grandpa drinking Pepsi from a cup with a straw. He was happy.

Well I am off to pack the van for tomorrow morning. Hopefully we'll be having a fish fry tomorrow for dinner!

No comments: