Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Not much to report

I waited for the rain to start all yesterday afternoon. I sat outside reading my book and waited for the heavy clouds to unload but it didn't happen. I was sad. Then I woke up this morning and it was raining. I had to go to work and couldn't enjoy it. I wanted nothing more than to grab my book and go sit on the patio to read. I was more sad that time. Darn work.

There hasn't been a whole lot to blog about lately. Just been doing our normal routine and getting ready for back to school. The boys are getting sick of each other and have taken up arguing as a prime pastime. Only 16 more days, not that I am counting.



Last Friday I had my niece and nephew over for a sleepover. It was a rowdy night with six kids running around but I have nerves of steel and was prepared with some activities at least.



As soon as Angel and Ryan walked through the door they were ready to go swimming so when Mike went to work we all got in the pool (which now feels more like a hot tub). I was bombarded by five children yelling at me to watch them do this trick and do that trick. Then we had a splash contest to see who could make the biggest splash.


Angel was scared to jump off the top step of the ladder but a little coaxing from the boys got her to do it.


Ryan would only jump if Jason was within a couple inches from him.


They tried to replicate the wave pool at Sunsplash. James loved the waves. Ryan hated them.


Jason was such a good helper with the little kids.


After swimming the kids played board games and I made cupcakes. After dinner they got to frost and decorate them. I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Do you notice James trying to steal Ryan's cupcake?


I learned that cupcakes are only enhanced by sprinkles. I also learned that there is no such thing as too much sprinkles. At least according the the kids.


In fact, decoration is only finished when the cupcake can no longer hold anymore sprinkles and the cupcake has a crunchy mountain on the top. Yum.

No comments: