Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Today is tomorrow?

I am almost embarrassed to say that I had no clue what day it was today. It wasn't until 8pm tonight that I was informed by my 10 year old that it wasn't Tuesday. I didn't believe him that it was actually Wednesday and checked the date on my phone for confirmation. He was right. What happened to Tuesday? I felt horrified that I didn't know what day it was and I also couldn't help feeling pleased that I only have one more day to go before my weekend starts.

It's Wednesday? I'm not being April fooled or something am I?

I have been in total veg out mode for the past twenty four hours. Sharon and my dad decided to take the older boys to the lake for some more fishing (at the right lake this time), and Sharon even had the boys over to spend the night yesterday. She is a goddess. I don't remember the last time our house has been so quiet. It was just me and James. When he went down for a nap I almost didn't know what to do with myself. Should I read? Should I watch some TV? Should I blog? Should I clean? I was kidding about that last one. I decided to mostly do the first two but also found some time to get a few pictures hung up on the bare walls. As I was hanging up some pictures I realized that I don't have a single picture of James to put on the wall. Not a one. I can't put up pictures of everyone and exclude James, I would feel so guilty. I will have to fix this issue asap. For now, all the family picture frames are stacked up on the dining room table until James can be included.

I missed the boys when they were gone. It's funny how the stuff that is annoying when they are here is the same stuff I miss when they are gone. I guess I kind of like the wild loudness and the fighting. It's part of them. I wasn't the only one who missed them. Both of the cats slept ON me last night which was really annoying. Normally they bunk up with one of the kids, since they were gone I guess I was the next best option. When James woke up from his nap this afternoon and we were done doing our rock in the glider for ten minutes until he really wakes up routine, James ran from room to room looking for his brothers. He was lonely without them here. I can just imagine what it will be like when they go back to school and he no longer has them here to chase after all day long. He was squealing and running in circles when they finally did come back today.

They are tired but they had a great time. Except for the part where Marcus got stung by a bee. Nathan even caught a trout. My dad sent the ugly thing home with him. Now I have a dead trout sitting in a freezer bag with blood in my fridge. I hate seafood. I hope it is gone by the time I get done with work tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Thursday right?

Just checking.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I bet your kitty would LOVE the trout....hmmmm

Syzy Q said...

Hello Becky After reading your blog I am looking forward to reading and enjoying your very first book dont take tooo long for I know that I will enjoy all the ones to come after sincerly and with lots of faith in your ability to achieve in your life tia susie and alyssa