Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day


Mike

Remember that time Nathan threw up all over the backseat when we were dating and you helped me clean it up? Or when the boys wanted to play soccer but there weren't enough coaches and you coached the teams? Remember when one of the boys (you know which one) wasn't quite potty trained and he hid his poop by throwing it on the ceiling? I was really frustrated and you were there to help.

But you aren't there to just help.

Remember when Jason got toothpaste on his blanket so he carried water up to his top bunk to clean it? Or the time Marcus got scared on the Pinocchio ride at DisneyLand and wriggled out of his seat and jumped into ours? Remember Nathan named himself Birdman and made his own little dance? Or when Marcus used to get into the pantry and stuff all the Cheezits in his diaper?

You are there to share in the laughs too.

You are my partner in parenthood and I couldn't be happier about that.


Dad

I remember us going camping every year to Bartlett Lake. I was the only one brave enough to stay in the truck with you as you drove the truck up the steepest hill. Mom and Sarah got out and walked. Remember when we were driving back from camping and you would always scream "there's no more road!!!" and scare the crap out of us? Remember watching fireworks on the roof? Remember when you tried to teach me to drive your 1970 something blazer and I almost drove us into the canal? Remember on community clean up day you went to my school wearing two different shoes? Remember the Beavis and Butthead remote control?

I wouldn't want anyone else to be my dad but you.

No comments: