Friday, November 7, 2008

Dinner and a Movie

Tonight I had the pleasure of going on a date with four handsome gentlemen. We went to a benefit spaghetti dinner, to raise money for the new community baseball field. Holy cow there were a lot of people there! The spaghetti was okay but the caesar salad was delish. After going through 500 plates of spaghetti and salad, they actually had to turn people away! I would say that is a successful fundraiser. Unfortunately, one of my dates had a number two diaper during dinner and the restroom didn't have a changing table. I think these should be mandatory in all bathrooms by now. That's okay though, we improvised.


After dinner, my dates took me to see a movie in the park. Every month, our neighborhood does a free movie night event for families to come watch a new release on a giant 50ft inflatable screen at the park. Tonight's flick was Journey to the Center of the Earth, I would give it two thumbs up.

I was super excited that I finally got to wear a jacket for the first time in months. That quickly wore off when I remembered that I hate being cold. Cold weather to me is anything under 70 degrees.
It probably wasn't a good idea to go straight to dinner from soccer practice. Those shorts and tall socks weren't doing much to keep him warm. Nathan said he felt like the inside of the freezer. He hates being cold too.

James looked so cute bundled up in his little hoodie jacket and blanket. He watched the movie on the blanket for a while and then fell asleep.

Marcus talked my ear off for most of the movie. It was nice though, I have been on some dates where there is that whole awkward silence thing going on. He was nothing like that, always something to say with him. He was disappointed his jacket did not have a hood.

After our movie we headed back to my place for some hot chocolate.

It was a fun night, I hope they want to ask me out on another date soon.

2 comments:

Mi Mom said...

If you and Nathan are freezing at 70 you wouldn't want to be here we are expecting snow tonight and the high today was 40 and windy.

sarahbear0821 said...

aww you are lucky to have such nice gentlemen take you out! Looks like it was a lot of fun!