Friday, July 16, 2010

Belmont Park

Belmont Park is a cute little boardwalk carnival right off Mission Beach. We came down here a couple of times during our trip to enjoy the rides that had practically no lines.


As soon as we got there Jason wanted to jump on the decrepit roller coaster that is probably 98 years old, and this ride called the chaos. Against my better judgement we did the roller coaster and just decided to ignore all the rust and creaks and clunking sounds.

After we got off and counted our limbs to make sure they were all still attached Jason quickly jumped on the chaos before watching to see what it actually does. After he got off the ride he said he was holding on for dear life when he realized the compartments actually flipped around as the ride was spinning and turning. He said he liked it but that was the only time he rode it on that day.

Meanwhile, James was busy picking the ugliest thing to sit on at the carousel. I think it was a cat eating a fish? After waiting twenty minutes for the carousel operator to get everyone's tickets and make sure everyone was buckled he was getting a little anxious, but once they got going he had lots of fun! Every time they came around he would try to find me and wave at me.

Grandma and Marcus rode on the crazy submarine. They are sitting in the back of the bus.

I must have rode the tilt a whirl at least twenty times that night. I love that ride and as long as my stomach permits I would ride it any time someone wanted to get on with me.

Marcus and I would always try to get faster spins than Jason and Nathan.

Bumper cars!
Oh man did this guy LOVE the boats. One time he road them ten times in a row! He just sat in there turning that steering wheel and dinging the bell. Mike kept trying to get him to yell AHOY! when he came around. Instead he kept saying ABOY! So cute!

As small as Belmont Park was we had a lot of fun here. There was something for everyone to do, and my favorite part, the waffle cones, were out of this world. I think that had a lot to do with why I liked it so much.

No comments: