Monday, October 26, 2009

In a Haze

Let me just preface this post by saying, my tooth is killing me. It's hurting so bad that now I can't even tell which tooth is the one that hurts. It feels like the side of my face might just spontaneously combust at any moment. Did I ever tell you I hate dentists? Even though I hate them, I have to go back this week. God help me.

Enough about me and my teeth. While I have been in my pain killer induced fog which includes insatiable sleepiness and mild nausea the kids have been doing their own thing and trying to ignore grumpy old me.

As I walked around the house today here is some of the things I see.


James going outside to find "ocks". He likes to throw them all over the porch.


Nathan didn't seem quite so sick after he came home from school early. Maybe we discovered a new home remedy, video games cures fevers.


I found Marcus laughing hysterically after he wrote "yay poo" on the dry erase board. At least he spelled it right.


Jason was at the park as usual playing football. This time with girls. Hmmmm.


We just reseeded the back yard again. James has been helping me chase off the buhs (birds). He shows me right where they are hiding.

James is talking so much now. He tries to copy everything we say. Marcus takes pride in teaching him new words. Marcus knows all 100 of his sight words after lots and lots of flash card practice. We celebrated by giving him a surprise. His surprise was Model Magic and he was thrilled.

I had parent teacher conferences last week. All the boys are doing excellent. Nathan almost got straight A+'s, his teacher talked to me about moving him up a grade but I don't think I want that for him.

Off to bed now!

No comments: