Monday, August 10, 2009

Totally Gross and a Sneaky Little Boy

Okay this first part is gross and it may make you think twice before making potatoes again. I was getting dinner ready before it was time to go pick up the boys from school this afternoon. Just peeling some potatoes for a casserole when I got to a little brown spot. You know those occasional icky spots on potatoes. So I started peeling out the brown spot when all of a sudden I saw a real dark spot that was wriggling. It was a pincher bug!


ICK!
I hurled the the peeler across the room and dropped the potato so I could properly do the bug dance.


Upon closer inspection I realized that the bug was wriggling because I peeled it's pincher off. Notice the digusting slime that leads from the bug to it's pincher.

I am not sure if I will ever eat another potato again.

While I was on the phone consulting my mom about her potatoes and asking if hers ever have bugs (no), one sneaky little boy decided to get into the cabinets.


He made confetti out of all the sandwich bags.


It was way more fun then examining the bug innards.

No comments: