Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pool Party Play Date


Yesterday my friend Amanda brought over her three girls to come hang out with us. Amanda is a friend of mine from work and only lives about twenty minutes away. Compared to my other work friends we are practically next door neighbors. The kids spent the afternoon in the pool and had a great time.


Sophia is only a few months older than James and she is just a sweet little doll. She makes me almost wish I had a little girl. Almost.

I was kind of worried since the boys can be so dang wild, but the girls were able to handle their rabidness.


The boys taught them how to play marco polo and only had to be told to stop being so wild three times.


Brianna mostly clung to the sides of the pool but she was definitely up for all the boy games. She had a little wild side to her too.


Kaiya mostly stayed out of the way of the boys. She was an awesome tube spinner.


Sophia (my little baby doll) and James got to play in inflatable ball pit with some water in it. James had a blast in there and I think he kind of freaked out Sophia with all his wild thrashing and screaming like a banshee.



Sophia was so super shy she wouldn't go near me at first. I even tried bribing her with chocolate milk! By the end of the night she was my buddy though and even sat right next to me while we played Dragon Warrior.



We had tons of fun and the kids played so good together. James is usually not very nice to kids his own age and tends to be a bully. He was good with Sophia and only threw a toy at her once. She was tough though. The girls were super polite and called me Miss Becca all the time. They even got the boys to play kings and queens with them!

I love play dates.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That's awesome! Looks like you guys had a blast :)

Amanda said...

That was such a fun day! The girls are already asking when we can visit again, lol.