Monday, September 14, 2009

The blog is back in session

We have been having lots of fun around here. Lots of family get togethers and lots of football too. Last week we had lots of family over for food and poker. Two of my favorite things. Me and the boys decided to make some special cupcakes for the occasion.


Delicious owl cupcakes with oreos for eyes.


They tasted sooo good. You can never go wrong with chocolate.


We made big owls and little owls.


It was really fun to make them. The hard part was finding all the ingredients. Who knew it was so hard to find M&M minis and Runts candies nowadays. We seriously went to six different stores before we found them. When we finally found them at Party City me and Jason actually did a little celebration dance in the middle of the store.

On a different note let me just say, I don't want to stop blogging. I think some of you mistook my blog break as me saying I didn't want to do it anymore. That is not the case. I love to blog! It's just that I do it for different reasons than you read it. I do it not only for a family journal for the future but also as a creative outlet for me. Sometimes the creativity part is not there for me and a break is just the cure. Plus sometimes it's nice to get out from behind the camera and be part of the action too.

So anyway....

I have lots to share with you over the next couple days. I have officially been blogging now for one year. Friday was my blogaversary!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Welcome back!!!

Grampa said...

I missed you... Welcome back and say Hi to the family. Those cupcakes made me thirsty for milk...