Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nathan's 11!


Happy Birthday to this child.

He is the son that can make me laugh just by his contagious laugh.

The one who is so different from anyone else I have ever met.

He's the one who in kindergarten used to sign his name Nathaniel Nathan Richard **** (First name, nickname, middle name, last name) on every single paper.

The boy who has a more adult sense of humor than I do.

The child who makes me feel like I need to learn how to parent all over again.

He is smart, sneaky, picky, snarky, aware, quiet, and goofy.

He likes me to perform a special bedtime ritual every night when I tuck him in.

He is one that has such a gentle soul but hides it behind a tough wall. Mama sees it.

The one who I am sure this one could live off of pure sugar. And he would still be a bean pole if he did.


Nathan is me when I was his age. He gives me gray hairs already, but he always makes me proud to be his mama.

Nathan makes life fun.

Happy birthday Nathan, mommy loves you!

No comments: