Monday, June 28, 2010

Makutu's Island

There's nothing I like more than finding places to take the boys that burn off all their endless energy. So when we drove downtown to pick Mickey up from the airport we thought it was the perfect opportunity to take the kiddos to Makutu's.

Makutu's is like a playground on crack. It looks like a rainforest and has these giant trees and tunnels that you can climb in and slide down.

At first James was not the least bit interested in the trees. He saw lights and heard noises coming from the arcade and he needed to be in there. So for the first half hour we hung out in the arcade as he walked around tokenless but enjoying pressing every button none the less.

The older boys had fun playing hide and seek in the trees. That made it a little difficult to take their pictures. I managed to get a few as I seen them pop in and out of the holes.

Mickey and I decided to take each other's pictures as we were emerging from the spiral slides. One of the slides was fast! We actually still have the elbow burns to prove it!

I didn't seem to have trouble getting her picture. Her on the other hand.

Attempt #1
As soon as I arrived at the end of the slide, a rabid girl jumped in front of the camera.

Attempt #2
Another clueless person walks within inches of Mickey's camera moment. I'm right there behind the tie dye smiling with a giggling James on my lap.

Attempt #3
No obstructions this time, I think I can make out two smiles. Yep, this will have to do because our legs are getting tired and my elbows are on fire.

We all had a fun time. One of the highlights of the outing for Marcus was when he saw the giant puffer fish in the aquarium go number 2. He said in his most excited voice, "I've never seen a fish poop before!!!"

See Makutu's is heart healthy and educational! Just watch out for the rabid picture lurkers.

No comments: