Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa Claus is coming to town



Mike took the boys to go see Santa this morning to get our annual photo. They were first in line to see him. When Santa came out James kept saying Down! Down! because he really wanted to be put down by dad to meet Mr. Claus. He was perfectly happy sitting there on his lap but he refused to smile. So did Marcus.


These past few days have been full of holiday baking. The boys have been taking turns helping me. Jason helped with the chocolate and peanut butter fudge. Marcus with the Christmas cut outs (which I somehow managed to mess up and had to make a whole new batch of dough, so typical), and Nathan helped make the Reese's cup cookies. Today I am baking molasses cookies on my own since the boys have a friend spending the night.

Christmas is only a couple days away and the boys are vibrating with excitement. I have to admit, I am just as excited as them. The stockings are up, the tree is all lit up, my cinnamon pine cones are out, Christmas music is on the radio. It just feels Christmas-like.

No comments: