Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fishies

At this moment I am confined to the office by the boys. They are in the kitchen making Halloween decorations and they want to make it a surprise. While I am being held prisoner I thought I would share what I have been up to all day.

At our last barbecue my sister Brianna was so impressed with my cupcake owls she asked if I would be willing to make her some special cupcakes for her class on her birthday. Of course I said sure. Tomorrow is her birthday so I took today off to make them. I decided on the cute little goldfish cupcakes because they were just so darn cute.


Brianna has a huge class of 40 kids.


Here fishy fishy


No those aren't real rocks. They are praline sundae toppings.


I'd say they turned out pretty good. It took me about 7 hours to make them (not including baking the cupcakes), but I am proud of the result and I'm sure Brianna will love them.

The hardest part was not tasting them. Mike and I just started a new diet (Atkins) that does not allow us to eat anything that is delicious. Except for bacon, bacon is always delicious.

Uhhh.... hmmmm.... Sounds like something either got spilled, or broke. I hear children blaming each other for something out there. Guess I better go ruin the surprise. Maybe I will just go out there and settle the issue with my eyes closed. I probably don't want to see what happened anyway.

3 comments:

Nicole Black said...

Oh my gosh! Those are so CUTE! Good work!

deedee said...

You did an excellent job Becky!

Grampa said...

Wow Becky we could go into business together.